ThingLink

Sunday, February 16, 2014

Reading Warrior:

Ok.  So I don't usually post anything off-duty but I'm inspired!  I'm inspired by the teen lit I've been reading.  Nothing heavy duty, mind, just lite fare.  Although, two of the books on my list sound creepy and mysterious.

Because of my new found joy in teen lit I've rediscovered my reading warrior...

I like cozy mysteries but I'm stepping out of my box to challenge myself to read new things.

I just read Dash and Lily's Book of Dares AND Pilgrims Don't Wear Pink.  Both really great reads and pair adventure and love story so smoothly I did not feel overwhelmed by either.  If you like adventure fueled by romance with a dash of literature you'll love these books.

Book trailers to come on both aforementioned books!

Next up in the lineup is The Alchemyst: The Secrets of The Immortal Nicholas Flamel, by Michael Scott.  I've already started it and so far so good.  It has really drawn me in.  Helps me to reconnect with Harry Potter again, without having to actually reread HP.  Harry lives on!

So here are the two that are next on my list to read after Nicolas Flamel:

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children, by Ransom Riggs
Six Months Later, by Natalie Richards

All with intriguing story lines!  Miss Peregrine is on the best seller list and is a series.  Sounds creepy and mysterious.

What's your story?: What are you reading?  What books inspire you to read more?

Let me know...I'll post the list.

Read on readers!

From the library of:
The Reading Warrior

No comments:

Post a Comment